Best Torremolinos Hotels and the best Benalmadena Hotels
Torremolinos is a Mediterranean resort town on southern Spain’s Costa del Sol, known for its sandy beaches such as El Bajondillo and La Carihuela. Nightlife, dining and shopping are centred on Calle San Miguel.
Away from the beachfront and its high-rise hotels are several golf courses and amusement parks, as well as pockets of traditional Andalusian culture such as the village of El Calvario.
Benalmádena is a town on southern Spain’s Costa del Sol, known for its beaches and Tivoli World theme park. The modern Puerto Marina is home to the Sea Life Benalmádena aquarium and moored yachts.
In the traditional Andalusian old town lie the Castillo Monumento Colomares, a castle-style monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus and his discovery of America, and the Benalmádena Stupa, a large Buddhist temple. Check out Benalmadena on TripAdvisor.
Torremolinos and Benalmadena attractions
There are many things to attract tourists to Torremolinos. Sea, sun and sand aside, there are the following:
- Aqualand Torremolinos: Big family-focused water park with lots of slides, rapids & a surf beach area with a wave machine.
- Crocodile Park: Small crocodile park with guided tours, a cafe & a petting area where visitors can hold a baby crocodile.
- Molino de Inca Tropical garden: Tranquil botanical garden with an old flour mill, now a museum, plus a Japanese garden & Aviaries.
- Parque la Bateria: Charming green space with rambling trails, a boat pond, children’s playground & fountains.
- Calle San Miguel: If you want to go shopping in Torremolinos, then this is for you.
- Playa de la Carihuela: Popular beach with an expansive sandy beachfront & boardwalk with numerous cafes & amenities.
- Tivoli World: A Theme park with thrill & kids’ fun rides, plus regular shows & night-time garden illuminations.
- Selwo Marina Benalmadena: Selwo Marina is a small marine park located in Benalmádena, Spain. It is the only park of its kind in Andalusia
- Sea Life Benalmadena: Sea Life Benalmádena is an aquarium located in Benalmádena in Andalusia, Spain. It is one of the Sea Life Centres in Europe, which are owned by Merlin Entertainments.
There are many more things to see and do in Torremolinos and Benalmadena. Check out these places on Google before you set off on your holidays and hit the ground running.
There is a train that runs from Malaga to Fuengirola and stops at all the main towns in between, this includes Benalmadena and Torremolinos. Cheap return tickets make it well worthwhile.
Best Hotels in Benalmadena and Torremolinos
These are the top hotels and accommodation in Benalmadena that people are talking about at the time of writing.
The best hotels in Benalmadena according to TripAdvisor.
- Hotel Spa Benalmadena Palace
- Hotel Estival Torrequebrada
- Sahara Sunset Club by Diamond Resorts
- Hotel Best Siroco
- Royal Oasis Club at Pueblo Quinta By Diamond Resorts
- Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena
- Hotel Palia La Roca
- Hotel casa Rosa
- Hotel La Fonda
- Hostal Sol y Miel
- Tui Sensimar Riviera by MedPlaya
For more accommodation in Benalmadena and areas around Benalmadena see this link.
The Best Hotels in Torremolinos according to TripAdvisor
There is a great deal of choice for hotels and other accommodation in Torremolinos. Here are ten of the best.
- Sol Don Pedro
- Melia Costa del Sol
- Sol Principle by Melia
- Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia
- Sol Timor by Melia – Apartments
- Roc Hotel Flamingo
- Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito
- Hotel Los Jazmines
- Parasol Garden
- La Barracuda Hotel
There are many more great hotels and other types of accommodation in Torremolinos. Please follow this link to the TripAdvisor website to see many more.
If you’ve stayed at these hotels and fancy giving them a rating, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to publish your remarks.